FAQ’s Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is this a permanent change?
A. For the foreseeable future this will be our model to ensure we can protect our members, as well as delivering a sustainable business. This could be revised at a later date if there are any major changes or developments with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Q. Does this mean that my current contract has been cancelled?
A. No. All contracts have been frozen while the club is closed. However, we will be able to transfer your membership across to one of our new price plans or if you do decide to cancel you can send a request via email.(email@example.com)
Q. I have an existing annual membership paid for in advance. What is going to happen to it?
A. Our plan is to extend your annual renewal date when the club reopens to the public. Once it comes to the end of your membership, you will have the option to move across to our new pricing structure or cancel your membership. A member of staff will be in touch to go through this detail with you personally.
Q. How can I apply to be a committee member and who will be considered?
A. If you can email (firstname.lastname@example.org) outing your interest we will send you an application form and arrange an appointment. We will consider all applications and will be in touch personally to provide more detail.
Q. I was told that the price of my founding membership would never increase?
A. These are unprecedented times and while we fully understand your frustration and disappointment, it is no longer financially viable for us to honour this commitment. As a founding and loyal member we hope you understand our difficult situation and this is the only way to ensure the business survives in the current climate.
Q. Why haven’t you looked at other options such as limiting the number of users or booking slots for members?
A. We have looked into restricting numbers and allocating time slots for members. However, due to the high volume of members at our clubs and the demand for using the facility at peak hours we believe that these options are neither safe, feasible or sustainable.
Q. How are people allowed into the gym from the 1st of July, if gyms haven’t been given the green light to reopen?
A. The gym will not be opening to the public on the 1st of July. OneGym Executive members will form a committee and return on an individual basis to the gym in order to help us develop and implement our new policies and procedures for phases 2 and 3.
Q. What happens at an executive committee meeting?
A. The committee meetings will take place each quarter and will allow OneGym executive members an opportunity to share their views on the business. They will help us make decisions on things such as equipment, opening hours, class timetables etc…
Q. I want to join as an executive member but I don’t think I can dedicate time to quarterly meetings, are they compulsory?
A. No these meetings are not compulsory. You have the option of attending all of the committee meetings or none at all.
Q. Will there be payment plans available for any of the membership options?
A. Yes. The OneGym executive membership can be spilt into four equal payments.
Q. What changes are you making to keep members safe when we can return to the gym?
A. Please be assured, we have introduced a number of additional measures to ensure we are providing the safest possible environment for everyone. These include:
- We are working with the industry body UKActive, as well as with our staff and our members to provide a safe environment to train in and facilitate social distancing.
- We are creating workout areas of 3m x 3m to give members the space to safely enjoy a workout.
- We are reducing the number of members in certain areas of the club at any one time to minimise congestion and ensure members can practice social distancing.
- We are asking members and staff members to remain 2 metres apart in line with current social distancing guidelines.
- We are using signage, including clear floor markings to help members to remain 2m apart.
Our cleaning schedules and procedures have been greatly enhanced to maintain a high level of hygiene across all of our clubs. Our new cleaning procedures include:
- All cleaning is carried out with a fully viricidal disinfectant cleaner, certified to kill viruses within 60 seconds.
- We have increased the number of cleaning staff we employ, allowing us to increase the volume of cleaning across the club, with particular attention being paid to areas of high traffic.
- We have introduced sanitisation stations and have increased the amount of sanitiser spray and disposable blue paper available to members to further encourage them to wipe down and clean equipment before and after use.
- We have introduced extra time between classes to allow us to fully clean all areas ahead of the following class.
- All staff members have been trained on our new ways of working for cleaning and social distancing and all will be responsible for cleaning and sanitising around the Club.
Fitness classes will resume at a reduced capacity inline with Government guidance.
- All classes must be pre-booked via the OneGym dashboard and no ad-hoc attendance will be allowed.
- The instructor will ensure that any kit needed for the class is cleaned thoroughly after each class, to ensure everything is as hygienically safe as possible.
- The instructor will further ensure each individual workout area is spaced out appropriately, ready for the class, so all members will have a clear designated area.
Q. How are you going to keep in touch with me?
A. We will be sending out regular emails and updates and will be keeping our website up to date with everything members will need to know. Follow us on Facebook or Instagram.
Q. Will I still be able to use the showers?
A. Yes. Our shower and changing facilities will be open.
Q. I’ve seen other gyms are to reopen under their usual model, why are you changing yours?
A. We believe that our previous model is no longer financially sustainable or safe for members and our staff. Whilst other clubs may choose to implement methods such as waiting outside for an allocated slot. We want to continue to provide a seamless and premium experience with minimum disruption for members and believe this is not possible under our previous model.
Q. I have and NHS and my partner has a Student membership. What is going happen to these?
A. We will be offering a 20% discount for Services and Students memberships. We will be providing more information on this shortly.
To book please follow our class booking link: http://www.onetoonegym.co.uk/book-classes or simply login through the Member Login or our App.
We have gone all out and even put a full MMA matted dojo and boxing studio plus a functional studio in our club.
Student discount means you get to use all our facilities for £39.95 per month with no set up cost (12month membership). You can request a freeze of your membership by dropping us an email at email@example.com (with one months notice).
If you are below the age of 18 we require you to book in for an induction to make sure you train safely while using the facilities.
Any one aged 18 and over will not have to attend an induction but we do recommend that you arrange one if you are not a seasoned gym goer or haven’t been for sometime.
Members aged between 13 and 15 years.
Must be accompanied by an adult at all times
Can use the cardio machines and some resistance machines,matted area and functional studio.
Can not use the free weights.
Members aged between 16 and 18:
There are no restrictions for anyone aged 16 and over, however all members aged 18 and under must have an induction with one of our personal trainers before they take part in any activity at the gym.
From the age of 16 children are classed as full members and have the same privileges as all our other members.
Please be aware that in order to enter into a contractual membership with us, you need to be over the age of 18. Below the age of 18, parent/guardian might be asked for direct debit set up permission.
When I join will I be issued with a One to One Gym membership card?
YES! Our clever little membership card also doubles up as a loyalty card for our nutrition shop http://www.wsnutrition.co.uk collecting you points each time you make a purchase.
Only emailed requests will be processed. When processed,confirmation will be sent back to the email provided.
121Gym will not accept verbal membership adjustment requests (freeze/cancellation).
Any additional questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01443 841165.